Easy Ways To Fix Brother Printer Won’t Print Without Color Ink
Sometimes while printing in Brother printers, the users find that it prints only in color ink even if there is black ink in the cartridge. This is a very common issue which users face while printing a document in black and white. Generally, you might face this issue if the cartridge is not clean. Thus, in this article, we are going to walk you through some easy fixes to resolve the Brother printer won’t print without color ink issue.
Reasons “why Brother Printer won’t print without color ink?”
Primarily, you might face this issue due to the use of an uncleaned printer cartridge. But, there are some reasons due to which you are facing the issue where the Brother printer won’t print without color ink, which can be described as:
- If the printer cartridge is not properly aligned, then you might face this issue.
- Use of a faulty print head is one of the possible reason for this issue.
- If you are using a backdated printer driver, then you might face this issue.
- In case, the plastic tape is not removed from the cartridge, then you might face this issue.
Efficient Ways To Fix Brother Printer Won’t Print Without Color Ink
As you come to know the reasons behind this issue, it is necessary to fix it. Hence, go through the methods to fix the Brother printer won’t print black ink issue:
- Checking the ink cartridge.
- Updating the printer driver.
- Removing the plastic tape on the new cartridge.
- Performing print cartridge alignment.
- Clean the print head.
Method 1: Checking the Ink Cartridge
If there is a problem with the ink cartridge, then you might receive this error. Thus, you need to check the ink cartridge of your printer. At first, check whether there is ink in the cartridge. If the cartridge is empty, then you have to replace it. Then, check whether the cartridges are properly placed inside the slot. After that, open vent of the cartridges and check whether there is ink in the cartridges. If you are facing this problem after replacing the cartridge on your computer, then use the old cartridge to resolve the issue.
Method 2: Updating the Printer Driver
Due to backdated drivers, you might face this issue with your printer. Thus, to resolve the issue you need to update the driver. Hence, follow the steps to update the printer driver on your computer:
- Press the Windows key and type ‘device manager’ in the search panel.
- Then, click on Device Manager from the top of the list.
- After that, in the Device Manager window right-click on your printer and choose the option Update Driver.
- Next, click on Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Finally, download the updates and install it on your computer.
Method 3: Removing the plastic tape of the new cartridge
In many cases, users forget to remove the plastic tape from the black ink cartridge after installing it on the printer. Thus, after receiving this issue check whether you have to remove the plastic tape from the cartridge. If you have not removed the tape then take out the cartridge and remove the plastic tape.
Method 4: Performing the Print Cartridge Alignment
If the cartridge is not aligned then you might receive this error. Hence, go through the below steps to do a print cartridge alignment:
- At first, put some papers in the printer.
- Then, in the Control Panel of the printer press the Setup button.
- After that, press the Down arrow to choose the option Tools and press OK.
- Now, your printer will start calibrating and align the printhead.
- Finally, print an alignment page to resolve the issue.
Method 5: Clean the Print Head
If the print head is not cleaned then you may receive this error. Thus, follow the steps to clean the print head:
When There Ink In The Control Panel
Follow the steps to clean the print head when there is ink in the Control Panel:
- At first press the INK key on your printer.
- After that, press the Up arrow or Down arrow to choose the option cleaning
- Then, press the OK key to clean the print head.
- Next, press the Up arrow or Down arrow to choose Black Color or All for which you want to clean.
- Finally, press the OK key after cleaning the print head.
When There Is No Ink In The Control Panel
To clean the print head when there is no ink in the Control Panel follow the below steps:
- Press the Menu key on the printer.
- Then, press the Up arrow or down arrow to choose the ink for which you want to clean the print head.
- After that, press the OK key to resolve the issue.
- Finally, check whether the issue is resolved.
Hope this will help you to resolve the issue Brother printer won’t print without color ink issue. Resolving this issue on your Brother printer is not a difficult task. Hence, go through all the methods one by one and resolve this issue without any hassle.