Solve Lexmark Printer Not Printing With Some Brilliant Fixes
A printer is a peripheral device which makes readable representations of graphics and text on paper. Printers are one of the best technical revelations which became an instant hit since it was discovered. The Lexmark printers are one of the best in the market nowadays. Lexmark printers offer the best quality printing and also consume less electricity. This indicates it is cost-effective also. However, users sometimes come across the Lexmark printer not printing problem. Have a look at this article to solve Lexmark printer not printing black by yourself.
Why Is Lexmark Printer Not Printing?
The Lexmark printers can have printing problems due to a number of reasons. You need to know where exactly the problem lies. Then only you can provide an accurate solution for the issue at hand.
- There can be problems with the software of the printer. In such circumstances, you need to reset the Lexmark printer.
- The printer driver of the Lexmark printer might malfunction sometimes. Updating the driver in such cases can fix the problem.
- If any paper gets clogged in the nozzles of the printer, then the Lexmark printer won’t print. You have to carefully remove the paper to make it work again.
- Moreover, if the cartridge of the printer is empty, then there will be nothing to print. Buying a new cartridge is the only option then.
- You need to check the connection of the Lexmark printer. An improper connection or a faulty cable can create these types of problem.
- If the power button of the Lexmark printer is malfunctioning, then you might face such issues.
Easy Ways To Fix Lexmark Printer Not Printing
There are several easy hacks by which you can resolve the issues on your own. Have a look at some of the troubleshooting measures by which you can fix the issues at the earliest.
Set Lexmark Printer As Default
- Click on the Start menu present on the left side of the taskbar.
- Then, in the Start search box, type “Run”.
- The run box appears on the screen. There, you have to type “control panel”.
- Then, select Control Panel from the list of options.
- There, you will find the option “Devices and Printers”. You need to click on that option.
- A new window will appear where you will find your printer name along with some other printers and versions. Right-click on the Lexmark printer and choose the option “Set as default printer”. This will make the Lexmark printer as the default one. At last, you need to restart the computer and the printer as well. Now, check whether the issue persists or not.
Update Printer Driver
- Press the Windows button from your keyboard.
- Type “Device Manager” in the Start search field.
- You have to select the option Device Manager from the list that appears.
- The Device Manager window appears on the screen of your computer. There, you will find a list of all the drivers that are installed in your system currently.
- Look for the option “Printer driver”. Click on that.
- You will see the Lexmark printer option below that. Right-click on that and select the “Update” option from the dropdown menu.
After that, the updation of the printer driver will take up some time. You need to wait until the end of the procedure. Then, restart the printer and computer and see if the problem is still occurring or not.
Clear The Printing Jobs
While you print a file, the printer will perform the printing as a print job where the pages will be under the print queue. Take a look at how to clear the print jobs.
- Press the Windows logo key and the R key simultaneously from the keyboard.
- This will open the Run dialog box. There, you have to type “services.msc” and hit the Enter button.
- The Services (Local) window will appear on your screen.
- Locate the Print Spooler option and double click on that.
- The Print Spooler Properties (Local Computer) window shows up on the screen. There, you need to click the Stop button and then the OK button.
- Now, open File Explorer and copy paste the following address at the address bar: %windir%\System32\spool\PRINTERS. Hit the Enter key.
- Now, you have to select all the files in the folder by pressing Ctrl and A at the same time.
- Press the Shift and Del keys together to permanently delete the files.
- Go back to the Print Spooler window again and click on the Start button. Then, press the OK button.
- At last, turn off the printer and restart it to check if the printer is printing or not.
Avail Our Technical Support For Further Assistance
If you are still facing issues with your Lexmark printer, then it is safe that you take the help of experts. You can always avail the services of our support team. You can dial our customer care number +1-844-828-5593 straightaway when you face issues with the Lexmark printer. Furthermore, you can also email at our official email address to report your issues. Also, you can use the Live Chat Portal to chat with the executives regarding Lexmark printer, not printing.