Brilliant Hacks To Fix “Epson Printer Won’t Print” Issue
One of the most troublesome situations that most Epson printer user encounters is when their Epson printer won’t print. This error generally occurs due to improper printer connections. This is a very frustrating issue, as you can not print anything when you are facing this situation. Here we will discuss some fixes by which you can easily resolve the situation when your Epson printer won’t print from the computer. Hence, keep reading this article to know more about this error on your Epson printer.
Causes of Epson Printer Won’t Print
To resolve this error you have to know the main causes of this error. So if you wanted to know all the facts responsible for this error, then go through the points below.
- An outdated printer driver can be the cause of this error.
- If the printer has a connection problem with the computer.
- If the printer is not set as default, then also this error might occur.
These are the basic causes of this error. If you need to fix the situation immediately, then follow the alternative solutions given below.
Steps to Troubleshoot Epson Printer Won’t Print Error
Here we have discussed some troubleshooting steps to fix Epson Printer Won’t Print error. To overcome this error go through the solutions provide below:
Method 1: Check the Epson printer connection
This problem may occur due to the improper connection of the printer to the computer. So at first, check that. Here we have discussed the three types of connection by which you can connect your printer to your computer.
Using USB cable
At first, check that the USB cable is properly connected or not. If it is not connected correctly, then try to reconnect the cable and check that the USB is properly seated to the port. Then, connect the printer directly to the computer using the hub. Now, try to print a test page to check if the error is resolved or not. Or you can use another USB cable to overcome this error.
Using a network connection
Check the network connection and also the network devices like the router and modem. Now, view the network connection status of the printer. Also, check whether the printer is properly connected to the computer or not. After that, reconnect the network cable if your printer using the wired connection. And for the wireless printer, try to reconnect the Epson printer with the home or work network.
To perform this step, make sure that the printer is close enough to your computer. Then, try repairing the printer with your computer to see if the error is resolved or not.
Method 2: Set the printer as default
Epson printer won’t print error can also occur because it may not be set as default on your computer. So, if you want to set the printer as a default, then follow the steps as given below:
- First, press the Window key +R keys at the same time from the keyboard, to open the Run dialog box.
- Then, type control to in the run box. Next, hit the Enter key.
- Now, under the View by option, select the Large icon option.
- After that, select the Devices and Printers option.
- Right click on your printer and select the option Set as Default Printer.
Now print a test page to check if the error still occurs or not. Hope this method will fix your problem. If not, then you can try the next method.
Method 3: Update the printer driver
Outdated drivers can be the cause of this error. Or if you are using the wrong printer driver then also you face this error. So, try to use and update the drivers regularly. To update the printer driver:
- Open the Control Panel and in the search box type “Device and printer” and hit enter.
- Now, locate the printer and right-click on it.
- Select the Printer properties option and click on the New driver option.
- After that, download the new printer driver you want.
- Now install and run the driver.
Now, perform a test print, to check if the above method resolves the error. Or, you can try the next method.
Method 4: Check for the Print Spooler Service
The print spooler service manages all printing jobs and the communication between the printer and your computer. You should check the service to check that it is running properly or not. So, follow the steps as provided below to check this service:
- First, from the keyboard press the Window logo key + R keys at the same time to open the Run dialog box.
- After that, type “service.msc” command and hit the Enter key from the keyboard. It will open the Service window.
- Then, find and double click on the Print Spooler option.
- Make sure that the Startup type is set to Automatic and the service status is in running state.
- After that, click on the OK button.
Now, check if the printer is now able to print.
Get expert opinion for additional queries
Hope, by performing one of the above solutions you can overcome the Epson printer won’t print issue. Or, you can contact us if you find any problem while performing the above methods. Hence, if your printer has the same issues, then you can reach to our support team. To make a service request, call us at Support Number +1-844-828-5593. Instead of placing a call, you can also drop a mail at our Email ID or avail the live chat service and obtain instant suggestions from experts.