“How To Reset Epson Printer” – Learn The Proper Ways
Nowadays, most of the modern printer has the in-built-firmware or software that counts the number of prints of the printer. Like others, each Epson printer also has a set limit. Whenever it crosses the limit, there will be a message flashing that notifies you that ‘your printer requires maintenance.’ Until you reset the internal counter, this message will continue flashing. This period is known as overflow. If you ever ran into this situation, you must have wondered about the process of the resetting the Epson printer.
Therefore, here, in this post, we will discuss briefly “how to reset Epson printer?” So, you can go through this post and learn the method.
How to Reset Epson Printer
If you searching for “how to reset Epson printer” them, you have hit the right page. Here, in this part of this article, we have mentioned the proper steps to reset the Epson printer. Thus, take a look below:
- First, you have to navigate to the Control Panel of your Epson printer. Usually, it is close to the digital display.
- Now, you have to find the button that says ‘Reset’ or ‘Pause’
- Once you find that button, simply click on it and then, hold it for about 10 seconds
- Now, the counter will get refreshed.
- After this process, you have to check if the counter has started to work from the primary point.
- This takes around 3 minutes to get done.
Sometimes, users have reported that they can’t locate the Reset/Pause button. If you are also unable to locate that button then you have to perform some other steps.
- You can press the On/Off button in your Epson printer and hold it for around 10 seconds.
- This process will clear the time. Besides, it also resets your Epson printer completely.
After implementing any of the above-mentioned methods, now, you can check the timer and repeat the same action until the timer has started from 0. Moreover, it is recommended that you check your printer driver as it is a good practice. Most of the time outdated or faulty drivers can lead to the error notification flashing on your Epson printer, informing you that something is amiss in your Epson printer and that you should restart it.
Resetting Ink Cartridges
Resetting an Epson printer has a number of additional aspects to it than just resetting the device. It also includes the resetting of the ink cartridges. If there should be a need and you are uncertain about the proper steps then, you can go ahead with the below directions. Here, in the following section, we are aiming to give you guidance on this as well. So that your task to reset your Epson printer is finished. Here’s what you need to perform:
Before resetting the printer ink cartridges, keep in mind that this process takes some time. It eliminates the annoying ink-level indicator warnings that flash every time when you try to print. To do so, follow the directions below.
- Primarily, set the chip-reset device on a table with a flat side down, then the notched area facing up. Thus, let it remain accessible.
- Now, you have to push the cartridges into the machine. Thus, the metal taps on the side of the cartridges line up in the reset device.
- If there is any contact, you will find a red light on the side of the device.
- Until you see the green light, you need to hold the cartridges in the device.
- Now, carefully, remove the ink cartridges from the machine.
- Now, you can easily finish this process by performing a hard or soft reset on the printer.
Connect with Us for Further Assistance
This is all that you need to know about “how to reset Epson printer.” Therefore, you have to follow these above steps, in order to resolve this issue. In case, even after repeated resetting, if you continue getting the alerts, then you can contact us, as we have a group of professionals who can help with advanced printing tasks. We are always reachable round the clock to provide you instant assistance. You can contact us via diverse modes of communication. You can call us on our helpline number +1-844-828-5593. Moreover, you can drop a mail regarding “how to reset Epson printer” at our official mail ID. Alternately, you can also avail our live chat support portal. Through this live chat support, you can directly talk to our experts.