Simple Ways To Fix “Epson Printer Not Printing Black” Issue
At times, you may get stuck with the “Epson printer not printing black” issue while taking the b/w printouts on your Epson printer. This error affects the printer performance and after a few attempts, the device stops to respond. If you are facing such a situation when your Epson printer is not printing black, then this article is sure to be of help. Here we have provided solutions to overcome this situation and after following the fixes, hopefully, you can resolve this error by yourself.
Major Reasons behind Epson Printer Not Printing Properly
Some of the common reasons that are responsible for the Epson Printer not printing properly include:
- The presence of the solid articles dirt, debris, etc that blocks the printer head.
- Error in Epson Printer setup or misconfiguration of the printer causes this Epson printer issue.
- Faulty ink cartridge installation is another cause that creates the “Epson printer not printing black” issue very often.
Resolve “Epson Printer Not Printing Black” Problem with Appropriate Technical Solutions
There are various ways to fix the Epson printer not printing black issue technically. So, you may try out the processes below and handle this problem effectively.
You can perform the cleaning process by using the cotton ball or cloth with the ammonia solution and keep it inside the printer head for 10-12 hours and clean it. This is the basic step to clean the clog. If the problem still persists, then you can use the process below to tackle the situation properly.
Unclog Epson Printer
- Power off the Epson Printer and make sure that no pages are inside the input tray.
- Next, separate both the output tray and its extension from the scanner.
- Then, go to the Printer’s panel and choose the Setup option to perform the cleaning process.
- Click on the Tools/wrench icon from the resultant window and locate the Maintenance menu from the drop-down menu.
- Then, click on the OK button and hit the Enter key to launch the Maintenance window.
- Select the Deep Cleaning from the same page and click on the OK button to start the cleaning program.
- Confirm the cleaning process by clicking the Yes button and OK button respectively and wait until the clog is removed.
- .Finally, you can see the confirmation message and press the Enter key to complete it.
Modify Printer Setup
- Click on the Settings option and launch the Printer Setup page on the screen.
- Now, go to the Media type section and choose the suitable option from the drop-down list as per your requirements.
- After that, choose the appropriate quality (Standard by default) as per the page quality.
- Next, put a tick on the checkbox from the lower left of the window to set it for future use.
- Then, align the Epson printer head properly such that it never touches the printer head.
- Once done, try to take a black/white printout and check whether the Epson Printer issue is resolved or not.
Reinstall the Epson printer driver
- Type “devicemngr” in the search box and launch the Device Manager window by hitting the Enter key from the keyboard.
- In the resultant window, you can see the list of hardware devices which are already installed in your device. Choose Printer category from it.
- Now, expand the Printer Device category by tapping on the + sign.
- Select the Epson Printer from the drop-down list and right-click on it.
- Choose the option Uninstall driver.
- Confirm the uninstall by clicking on the Yes button from the appeared dialog box.
- The uninstallation step will take a few minutes to complete the entire task and when done, it will show you the successful message regarding the uninstallation.
- Finally, reboot the Epson device and the PC to check whether the “Epson printer not printing black” issue persists or not.
Reach us for Epson Technical Assistance
In the above content, we have discussed the issue with the Epson printer along with some of the common symptoms. Moreover, we have recommended some of the basic solutions to perform and overcome this annoying issue. However, it is too difficult to handle the Epson printer printing problem if you have no proper technical knowledge. Our Epson Technical Support Team is enough experienced to tackle any Epson printer problem effectively. To handle the Epson Printer not printing black properly is not a big deal for us. So, if you encounter any Epson printer technical error, you can place a call at our Epson Customer Support Number +1-844-828-5593 to fix it permanently.