5 Technical Steps To Fix Canon Error 801 Without Any Hassle
When you try to print a document directly from the email or from any of the articles available online, then the Canon printer error is an annoying issue for the Canon users. You may get stuck with the unexpected error message, “Canon error 801”. Here, the printer stops responding and without fixing it, you won’t able to use it further. However, this article is suitable to resolve it and the Canon Printer Support team seems always ready to deliver you the effortless solution within a limited timeframe.
Possible Reasons For The Canon error 801
Canon error code 801 occurs due to several reasons. The reasons behind this error are many which we have research and discussed below:
- FTP Server error is one of the main reason behind this 801 error.
- SMTP error causes the email sending like a major issue and shows the Canon error 801. Therefore, incorrect Email address and configuration error are responsible for this annoying issue.
- Another reason is the SMB error that includes memory space issues. Due to junk files or unnecessary files, the Canon printer fails to share the documents to the server.
Resolve Canon error code 801 With Simple Ways
There are some of the easy steps to fix the Canon error 801 technically. Moreover, it enhances the Canon scanner’s performance. So, you can try out the steps below to overcome this annoying issue effortlessly:
Verify the network status
- If you are using a wired connection, then check whether the Ethernet cable is connected properly before connecting. Moreover, a corrupted cable port is responsible for creating this Canon error 801. So, repair it immediately if any panel is found here.
- For Wireless connection, check the strength of the Wi-Fi signal. If it drops on a frequent basis or shows a weak signal, then contact with the ISP to get a flawless connection.
Check the SMTP server status
First, Verify the SMTP Server is operating properly or not. To check it, you need to follow the steps below.
- Open the Command Prompt window and run the command telnet [SMTP_Email_Server] [Port Number].
- Now, check it fails to connect then check whether the server name is inputted correctly or not. Otherwise, the issue occurs due to TCP port failure.
- If the connection status shows active, then send a message and check whether you get a response or not.
- When done, type “Quit” for exiting from the SMTP session.
Check the email service
While you send an email, double-check the email address because it is very case-sensitive. Sometimes, spelling error, a character missing, etc make the email ID invalid and it won’t comment to the server. Thus, you can fix the FTP error as well as Email Server error efficiently.
To prevent the accessing error, you may use the following method and overcome the web security error.
- Open the Control Panel window and go to the System and Security section.
- Here, you will get the Firewall Settings and check its status.
- If the slider is set as high, then drag it towards the left and tap again to disable it.
- When done, launch the Gmail Account and check whether the Canon error persists or not.
Re-enable SMB Client Protocol
- Launch the Control Panel window from the Start menu.
- Choose Programs and Features options from several items.
- Click on the link Turn Windows features on or off from the resultant window.
- Expand the category SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing and select another option SMB 1.0/CIFS Client.
- Tap on the OK button and click on the Restart Now button to enable the SMB client protocol properly that helps to fix the error code 801 of Canon printers.
Utilize Disk Spaces
- Click on the Start menu and launch the Start menu.
- In the search box, type “disk clean”: in the search box and hit Enter key to launch the Disk Cleanup Utility window.
- Here, you can see a list of installed files and their status.
- Choose the files which you want to delete one by one and tap on Delete Files tab.
- Then, confirm the process by tapping the Yes button from the resultant dialog box.
- When done, press Windows + R from the keyboard and type “temp” in the Run dialog box.
- Now, open the Temporary folder by pressing the Enter key. Now, hold Ctrl key and press A from the keyboard.
- Press delete key to delete the temporary as well as junk files.
Reach Out to Us At the Canon Printer Support for Further Technical Help
Our Canon Printer Support Team is skilled enough to tackle the Canon printer issues effectively. Moreover, we are ready to give you the best effortless solution within your budget. So, you can place a call at our Canon Printer Customer Support Number +1-888-223-5549 and avail a hassle-free service within a short period of time.