Easy Fixes to Resolve Epson Printer Error 97
Epson printer error 97 is one of the errors that usually pops up in the middle of a printing process. This error is generally faced by the users after long use of their Epson printer. This is a very annoying error faced by almost every Epson users. You can not print any document while receiving this error code. Moreover, your printer shuts down intermittently. Basically, this error occurs due to hardware issues. If you too are facing this error code on your Epson printer, then you don’t need to worry. Here we will discuss some fixes by which you can easily resolve Epson printer error code 97. Hence, keep reading this article to know more about error code 97 on your Epson printer.
Know The Causes of Epson Printer Error Code 97
To overcome an error you have to know the main causes behind it. Here we have listed some common reason for the occurrence of Epson printer error 97. Take a look below:
- This error generally occurs due to an internal hardware issue.
- If the motherboard stops working after a certain time.
- If dust particles accumulate in the printer and make it dirty, then this error may occur.
- If you have a connection problem with the computer.
- Paper jam and outdated printer driver may be another cause of this error.
All the above factors are the primary causes of this error. Now, follow the solutions to overcome this error.
Solutions To Fix Epson Printer Error 97
Here we lay down some easy steps to fix Epson printer error 97. So, to overcome this error easily, just follow the steps below:
Solution 1: Disconnect and then Reconnect the Printer
Sometimes re-connecting and removing the paper jams can fix the printer problem.
- First, plug out the USB cable and the other cables that are plugged in the printer.
- Now, open the head cover of the printer and carefully remove the jammed paper.
- After that, Remove and reinsert the cartridges.
- Press and hold the Power button to discharge the paper.
- Then, replug the printer and connect it to the computer
Now, print a test page to see the error is resolved or not.
Solution 2: (Alternative) Disconnecting and Reconnecting the Printer
This solution is the alternative method of solution 1. So if the first solution does not work for you then you can try this method.
- At first, turn off your computer and unplug all the cables connected to the printer.
- Now, wait for some time and press and hold the power button.
- After some time, plug in the power cable and release the power button.
Now check if the error still shows or not.
Solution 3: Clean the Epson Printer
The Epson printer error 97 occurs because of the dust particle accumulating in the printer and thus, making the print dirty. In that case, it is recommended to clean the printer by using a moist tissue paper. Here is how to clean an Epson printer.
- At first, turn off the printer and open the cover of the printer
- Now, take a tissue paper and wet it with warm water
- Next, softly clean the internal portion of the printer especially the machine pad.
- After cleaning the printer wait for 15 minutes to dry off, and then turn on the printer.
Solution 4: Run the Microsoft Printer Troubleshooter
If the error message still persists after performing the above solutions then you can try this step. To overcome this error you have to run the Microsoft printer troubleshooter. If you want to perform this step, at first, you have to click on the control panel on your computer. Then, click on the device option, and after that, click on the Run Printer Troubleshooter. After performing this process your work should be done. Now, check if the error appears or not.
Solution 5: Update the Printer Driver
You can notice Epson printer error 97 due to an older version of the Epson printer driver. In that case, you have to update the printer driver from the device controller. After that, restart the computer and your work should be done. If this error still appears you can also uninstall the printer driver and reinstall it.
Interact With Our Experts to Resolve Epson Printer Error 97
Thus, in this article, we have talked about the easy steps to fix Epson printer error 97. If you are still not able to resolve Epson printer error code 97 then you can take an expert help. For such kind of complexity, you can contact us through our helpline number +1-888-223-5549. Else, you can also contact us through our email or live chat service.